In September, design researchers will give a series of short three minutes talks at two events:
- Väre building opening, 4.9.2018 at 18:00–19:00 (Otaniementie 14, Espoo)
- Helsinki Design Week, 10.9.2018 at 14:00–16:00 (Helsinki City Hall, Pohjoisesplanadi 11-13, Helsinki).
The topics will cover a wide range of design research themes:
- Fashion Designers’ Authorship in Contemporary Technological Environments
- Monitoring the job market for improving design education and practice
- Design as Governance
- Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere
- Visually Supported Sales Meetings in the Machine Industry
- Kitchen thinkover
- User-Centered Design without Involving the Users
- How to turn a suburb into a city, in three easy steps
- Designing one-planet lifestyles
- Material agency in design
- Design for Textile Recycling: Addressing Material Circulation through Clothing Design
- Finding the needles in haystacks — mountaineering to identify people with peak attributes
- Smart textiles in monitoring of infant brains for medical diagnostics
- Designers should always join projects as early as possible, shouldn’t they?
- Rediscovering the role of fashion design profession
- Mediating Temporary Use of Vacant Space
- Design in Sustainability Transitions
- User designs and peer help as drivers towards sustainability transitions
- Redesigning transition arenas for mid-range policy deliberation
Join us for the talks and discussions!
Helsinki Design Week: https://www.helsinkidesignweek.com/events/aalto-design-research-fasttalk-superday/.
Väre opening (registration required): https://link.webropolsurveys.com/EventParticipation/EventPublic/8da99a6c-4253-4fb7-8b7a-9d0d9a5d088b?displayId=Fin1566923.