Sustainable and Innovative Fashion seminar (2.-3.10.2013)
Welcome to Sustainable and Innovative Fashion –seminar!
This international seminar will provide the latest information about sustainable fashion. Due to limited places please register by 8th of September. See the registration details in the seminar invitation or at the end of the post.
Time: Wed 2.10. – Thu 3.10. (9-17)
Location: Aalto University School of Arts, Design and Architecture, Helsinki, Finland
Address: Hämeentie 135 C, 00560 HKI
Wednesday (2.10.) – ABC FOR SUSTAINABLE FASHION by Kate Fletcher (Centre for Sustainable Fashion, London College of Fashion, UK)
Kate Fletcher’s work is both rooted in nature’s principles and engaged with the cultural and creative forces of fashion and design. Over the last 15 years, her original thinking and progressive outlook has infused the field of fashion, textiles and sustainability with design thinking, and come to define it.
Thursday (3.10.) – SUSTAINABLE AND INNOVATIVE FASHION
- Alternative Fashion Systems and the Craft of Use (Kate Fletcher, Centre for Sustainable Fashion, London College of Fashion, UK)
- Fashion services: Influences on patronage (Cosette Armstrong, Oklahoma State University, USA)
- Exploring New Enterprise Models for Open Source Fashion and Half-way Products – Case Studies from Finland (Anja-Lisa Hirscher and Alastair Fuad-Luke, Aalto University, Finland)
- Innovation for a Sustainable Fashion Industry: A Design Focused Approach (Anika Kozlowski, Ryerson University, Canada)
- Sustainability in artisanal fashion (Maarit Aakko, Aalto University, Finland)
- Sustainability in Fashion Education in the U.S.: How to Catch a Moving Train (Cosette Armstrong, Oklahoma State University, USA)
- Redirective fashion design for sustainable consumption (Kirsi Niinimäki, Aalto University, Finland)
- Sustainability and trust in consumer-brand relation in the fashion industry (Lisbeth Svengren-Holm, University of Borås, The Swedish School of Textiles, Sweden)
- Baltic Fashion project presentation (Nicola Acksteiner, USEDOM BALTIC FASHION c/o Acksteiner Events GmbH & Co.KG, Germany)
- Social Design in fashion (Mari Krappala, Novia University of Applied Sciences, Finland)
- Innovative Materials (Anna Karcz and Paulina Kisiel, Gdynia Innovation Center, Poland)
- Why Create; Statement through design (Anu Corin, Novia University of Applied Sciences, Finland)
+ Exhibitions about Sustainable and Innovative Fashion and Baltic Fashion network (www.balticfashion.eu/)
More information in the detailed programme.
Seminar fee 110€ / Optional seminar dinner 45€
For further details, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com